The Central Iowa Metropolitan League, based upon guidance received from Governor’s Office of the State of Iowa,
the Iowa Department of Education, the Iowa Department of Public Health, the Iowa Girls High School Athletic
Union, and the Iowa High School Athletic Association, has released its procedures for spectator admission to high
school baseball and softball games this summer.
These procedures were developed by the 18-member schools to help ensure that participants, staff, and spectators
can safely enjoy both sports in a manner that promotes social distancing.
- Roster limits (players and coaches) at all levels are set at 28.
- Schools will distribute two (2) tickets per player in uniform and two per coach at each level to be used at that level throughout the season. This ticket will allow the ticket holder to pay admission or use a school-specific pass to gain entrance for the contest. The ticket only allows an individual to purchase admission and has no cash value and may only be used at the venue and event listed (i.e. varsity baseball tickets may only be used at the baseball field for the varsity contest).
- This ticket will ensure that the individual may purchase admission up until the conclusion of the first game of a doubleheader at the same level. In events featuring a doubleheader at the same level (varsity baseball, varsity softball, 10th baseball, 9th baseball, and 9th softball), individual schools may allow additional persons to pay admission if space allows after the conclusion of the first game at their discretion.
- In combined events (JV/Varsity), the venue will be emptied after the first game. Individuals holding a ticket to pay for admission for both contests will only be required to pay one time.
- Individual schools are responsible for communicating their seating availability and social distancing plan for each venue. At all venues, individual family household units (2 people) are encouraged to sit together to help with overall capacity. Fans are encouraged to bring their own chairs in the event the bleachers meet capacity.
- Ticket gates will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the contest.
- Admission for all regular season contests is as follows:
Varsity Baseball/Softball: $5.00
JV Baseball / Softball when combined with Varsity: $5.00
Lower Level contests (9th, 10th, JV when not with Varsity): $4.00
Exact change is appreciated at all locations.
- Concessions will not be offered at venues with the exception of Harlan Rogers Park. Coolers will be allowed to be brought in for individual use except at Harlan Rogers Park and are subject to inspection.
- Individual schools may require additional measures be taken and those will be posted and communicated in advance. Spectators attending games at Des Moines Public School venues (East, Hoover, North, Lincoln, Roosevelt) are required to wear a mask unless underlying health issues make it unsafe for the individual.
- The CIML will continue to monitor, update, and communicate our information and procedures to keep everyone as safe as possible.
For more information, contact Tom Kinseth, Commissioner of the CIML at 515-571-8980.
To read more about guidelines at Valley high school home baseball and softball games, view more details at ValleyTigers.com